The best vantage point for reading this blog is in the underlying messages that I hope to get across;
- Real, genuine fulfilled life is lived from the inside out as opposed to allowing people and situations around us to dictate it.
- An inside-out brand is a winner. The kind of winner that helps bring real fulfillment in life and along the way makes life a better place.
As an individual I hope you find meaningful self-exploration.
As a business professional, my hope is that this blog can provide useful insight that can be used inside the corporate culture.
As a marketing practitioner by trade, I’ve had the opportunity to watch professionals from all walks of life struggle with how to develop their brand. Looking for the brand promise they can
During my professional journey, which now spans 40 years, I’ve come to realize that life is much the same way.make. A promise that captures the core of their corporate soul. One they can live with and thrive under.
- We’re each a branded package. Call it your reputation if you’d like. What we’re known for.
- We’re each defined somewhat by genetics, somewhat by our situation in life, our family , our race, our culture our environment.
- Often we’ve never stopped to determine who we are. What we want our brand promise to be. We simply go through life.
I’ve also observed that, much like some corporations, we allow others to define who we are. Over time we may even become what “they” say we should be, rather than realizing our own uniqueness. And in the process, we struggle by degree, often unconsciously to capture the message of the small, still voice that says; “This is who I really am and what I’m really supposed to be.”
What I share with you in this blog is designed to help each person who reads it stop, listen to that voice, and capture the message that is uniquely you.
This is not a self-help blog.
It is a self-discovery blog.
This is not a blog of platitudes and shallow affirmations.
It is a blog of real-life observations and responses.
This is not a blog of theory.
It is a blog built on experiences both positive and negative.
And finally, very little of this is original thinking on my part. I’m basically a sponge who has had the privilege of absorbing insights and approaches from leaders in their fields.
So, this is really a “pass-it-along” blog.
They say that effective branding relies on communicating, one-on-one. One person at a time.
Let’s talk about you.